Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mysterious Galaxy Trip


Like any other book signing event, I came prepared. I downloaded the map on how to get to Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore and how to get home (I don't drive). 

Despite the 2 hour commute, a smile spread on my lips as I lay my eyes on of the cutest bookstore I've ever seen. Even though I've seen ms. Joanna Philbin and ms. Morgan Matson before, my job the whole day was to conceal the fanboy inside me ready to explode. 

I've never met ms. Leila Howland, so I knew I was in for a treat. 

The event started. We were greeted by these lovely authors' smile. 
They talked about how the summer was the best setting for every story. Ms. Philbin mentioned that a story revolves if the main character would suffer. They continued talking on how creating a fictional boy close to reality. 

Ms. Howland became one of my favorite authors (even though I haven't read any of her books, but I think it's been a year that Nantucket Blue was in my To-Read List) when she talked about research. Ms. Howland mentioned that she went to Nantucket for the sake of research. It was one of her most expensive trips. She said that she spent all the time sniffing the air which made everyone burst into massive laughter. Ms. Howland was a character. She is someone I would love to hang out with. There was never a dull moment because of her. 

When signing time arrived, I felt guilty that I didn't any have books by Ms. Howland. But I promised myself that I would go to another signing that she's going to be in and I would make her sign all the books that I would buy. 

The night was coming to an end, and I really hated to say goodbye. Ms. Benway, author of Going Rogue was also there. Her book Emmy And Oliver will come out summer of 2015. 

Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore might not be the bookstore that you hear everyday, but visiting it would be one of the best choices you'll make in life. Also, make sure to stop by their YA section. They have massive books like Control by ms. Lydia Kang, Crewel by ms. Gennifer Albin, and such as. 

I'll be back to this store, because I know I will have another good time there.

__________________
Books mentioned: 


(The cover for Robin Benway's Emmy and Oliver is not available yet) 








No comments:

Post a Comment